Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Class on Jan 26th

What can I honestly say about our second class session? I suppose the best way to describe that class is to simply say that I'm amazed. I'm amazed at the way in which a group, when confronted with no boundaries, can become completely flabbergasted by possibilities. The round shape assignment was simple enough, yet, so complex. Everything can be put into a round context if you really want it to be. A monitor can be round if you talk about it's possibilities to relay information. A square can be round if given enough enlightenment (my joke for the day). We all live in a world of defined shapes; however, I suppose the key to progressive advance is to simply look at each individual shape we are presented with and pushing it's boundaries to what it could be.

The next time you see a square and have to figure out it's length and width, you should tell your professor you'd be more interested in learning the circumference; see what he/she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment