Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Class on March 2nd

I think it's fair to state that yesterday's class session was the most prolific in terms of self awareness. Even though the class was short, I felt that a lot of what Beth was saying is exactly true. I really enjoyed her lecture on the loss of freedom after our childhood. I suppose if we want to get over our limitations and be the most creative, inspired individuals we can, we need to maintain a childlike interest in our surroundings and see everything as if it were brand new each time we see it. This would keep the limitations at bay, and yet have respect for the social order.

I will spend the next week thinking about my final project. I truly believe the What If questions will help me flesh out my idea to a greater extent, as it is somewhat vague at the moment. However, I do want to stick with my idea, as it is something I would like to become aware of myself. I want to learn what I take preference on in this world; what colors, shapes, sizes excite me, and what seem to hardly exist. I want to experience this world in a different way, if only for a little while and partially under the effects of alcohol (maybe).

It almost seems to me that mankind is not made to take the sort of constant engagement and schedules that we do. We are constantly bombarded by media, and we always feel as though we need to stay busy to stay productive. I suppose my final project will be a step into the slower, simpler side of life. I will document the process, and dive further into the topic with my fifty what ifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment