Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let Randomness Be Your Guide... And Tardiness

So I just noticed the assignment posted last night; I realize I should probably keep an eye on OnCourse over spring break, but sadly I did not. However, I will do the best I can with what I have, and that includes several of the steps.

Step 1: Find the Word

Strange

Step 2: Tape the Word to my Mirror

Dealing with my time limitations, I went ahead and kept my word in my pocket at work and with me all day.

Step 3: Blogging

I stayed up all of last night working on some projects, and I tried to think of it as much as possible. I suppose you can say that staying up all night was a strange experience for me. Playing video games is strange as well, especially this morning right before work.

At work this morning, it was definitely a strange experience. I was scheduled off, but had to work for two hours. Not only was this strange, but one of my freezer cases decided to go down this morning, resulting in a bunch of product being pulled. This experience was rare; however, not as strange.

This afternoon I went ahead and slept from 9:30 to 5. I would say this is definitely a strange experience for me. I work everyday 7 to 4, which in turn requires me to get to bed around 11 every night. Sleeping during the day, to me, is a completely new and strange experience.

I have kind of been thinking about this word a lot. I suppose it's strange to try something new, live your life differently, or seek change. After all, change is something we all need, yet feel strange about. The unknown is a strange and difficult concept; however, the more I think about it, the more I realize how beautiful change truly is. I cannot think of one point in my life where change was a bad thing for me.

I have worked at Marsh for 8 1/2 years now, which is strange in itself. I will be graduating in May, which will be a huge change. I suppose this all leads me to the idea that strange is change, and change is beautiful.

After this thought, I have decided to replace the word strange with change.

I will update this more this evening and tomorrow with further thoughts about this word.

No comments:

Post a Comment