Sunday, February 8, 2009

You Guys Are Bad...

... but really, not so much. Honestly, even though I was not in class on the 2nd, I found it rather amusing what you did to the room. To be honest, I do not think any sort of apology is necessary in this situation. A simple explanation would probably suffice, and if anyone still had a sore taste in their mouth, you could probably sit them down and figure out what is truly bugging them. Chances are, it is not this situation that makes people upset; it is the happenings of their life plus the unexpected nature of the classroom that would agitate them. I hardly doubt anyone would truly be upset, but I suppose there is always someone that could be upset by this situation. Once again, this is probably a rare case, but I will do my best to diffuse the situation.

Ultimately, a simple confrontation with those that are upset would suffice. Explain the situation and truly, and humbly, ask them to explain their anger and apologize if it had any sort of physical or mental implications. After all, I suppose some of those chairs could have hurt someone. (Chuckle).

I do not think any sort of gift or offering is needed in this situation. I do not think inviting them in to our class would really make them happy. After all, most of the classmates either have class before ours or are wanting their free time to do their own thing. What I do think we can do, to show respect, is make the room as comfortable as possible for them this week around. We could sweep the floors, put an e-fire on the screen, and possibly make everything as orderly as possible. This way, those that were upset (probably OCD persons) can feel comfortable in this new environment.

In contrary to my above comments, I do think it is disrespectful and ultimately destructive to leave others with a bad feeling. I think it is everyone's responsibility to leave each and every individual feeling as great as possible simply because you never realize the repercussions of your actions. Who knows what a person will do if left with a feeling of anger or angst. In this situation, I think very few people would be that upset, but those that are should be understood and apologized to. We all live on this earth together; we might as well make it as pleasant as possible.

The one question Beth asked that intrigued me the most was "How responsible are we for other's actions?" I do not think we are at all responsible for what others do unless that action was the result of something you stimulated within that person through one of your actions. In that case, I think each individual should take sole responsibility for what has been done and do what is necessary to make the situation proper. Anarchy, despite popular belief, is not the most productive thing for our well-being; and anarchy is definitely the result of not giving two shits about your own actions and the repercussions of such.

No comments:

Post a Comment